CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 1, 2010

when things hurt

I am a person who tries not to let others upset me too much.. and I tend to let most things be like water on a ducks back etc, or even to simply ignore things, its not an easy thing to hurt me, I tend to guard my heart well ...

So it generally suprises me when something really upsets me....
but I guess when something hurtful happens, especially by people who really, probably should be close to me, it IS upsetting, painful and hard to just ignore ....

So how to rise above these things?... Do you just ignore, move on... or confront and discuss.. or is it better to do like this, share and process ?

Can a person really let go of hurt or is it just always squashed down, real low in the hope it doesnt rear its ugly head again ?? ... I always pray about such things and I KNOW God can take things from me... but do I let him? not sure ....

Dealing with hurt is something we all have to do at some stage of our lives. I just hope I deal with it the right way ........

1 comment:

  1. It's hard isn't. I know the bible talks about conflict resolution a lot. So I guess (especially if the person is 'close') that discussing it is probably a good option. Although quite difficult. I think ignoring it only makes it worse. Processing it can help because then you can choose the let go (or not)... Its so tricky though ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete